Saturday, January 30, 2010

Getting slow???

Had a blast of a time last hobby nite!

Got trashed by Peter's chaos army and fought to a standstill with doc's orks. Totally fun with both games. After so many weeks of not touching my 40k stuff (in fact, I was gearing for a FoW or WHFB game that night), I could feel my bones creaking and the rust grinding in my mind. It has been that long!

Anyways, whatever happened is just a good indication of what is likely to be for a player after leaving the dice untouched for some time. In truth, I was becoming more involved with finishing my SCARS project and worrying about its paint job and assembly that I took off my gaming hat. On the plus side, it made me approach both games that night with an alarming dose of casualness, thus insulating me from feeling down when my units were taken out ignominiously. I discovered that my usual drive for victory was not up also, enabling me to much savour the game in a lighter mood.

So, I played both games without much thought to the tactical "orky kunnin'" and just played. Another reason could be because ever sincce starting on my SCARS project, my train of thoughts became more attuned to Imperial Guard lines, thus detaching from my normal orky self.

Whatever the reasons, Kindred is a month away and Iron Painter just 3 weeks away!

3 comments:

  1. I suppose the focus of the day was Ghazghkull facing off with the Nob bikers. The outcome was not as both of us expected.
    Whatever said and done, Ghazghkull is one nasty f***er. I have to make use of him more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good news indeed. You know, when you dont play for the win, but for the fun of it. Winning after all, is just added bonus after going through all the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice development! really looking forward to seeing your mercs up and ready

    ReplyDelete