Friday, February 5, 2010

Of dwarves and others...

I went to hobby nite last night and had a game with Jade's beautiful chaos troll army. It had 27 trolls led by the troll king and a chaos lord, as well as a giant. I fielded my dwarves for this battle, and had as many burning runes I could possibly have to deal with their regeneration. Honestly, that army is tough and they just keep on coming. The anvil significantly slowed them down but the cannon and bolt thrower did their share of killing the monsters.

My longbeards did well in taking down the giant, luckily missing being crushed by its falling body. The thunderers and quarellers could not stand to the troll's charge. In short, the trolls prove strong in melee but they suffered through effective shooting and low leadership, as well as being subject to stupidity.

On other fronts, the last week has been really draining and I didn't get to do much hobby stuff at all. My SCARS project for iron painter is yet to be completed and the event is only 2 weeks away! I really need to find time to finish assembling the remaining models for squad Nova and Alpha.

For now, with time permitting, I'll focus on my dwarves and try to complete them. Oh yes, I also made a purchase of several second hand space marine vehicles from Subhan for a reasonable price.

3 comments:

  1. go SCARS go!
    let's see them in Iron Painter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That match vs the trolls.. Damn I wish I was there to watch it. This troll army is new for me. How hard was it? What is their mainstay unit? Their magic.. strong? How will my DE fare against them? Damn I have lots of questions hahaha.

    I miss rolling dices. Badly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @AK: trolls are damn annoying with their 3 wounds and regeneration. they have no magic and unless you can block march/slow them, they'll be in your face in turn 2.in combat, they're quite strong, especially when backed up by the lord. Their roll on the Eye of the Gods table can really make them uber!

    however, they really suffer from low Ld and can fail their stupidity test. Striking them in the flanks helps. In time, I foresee this army getting more experience and beating people.

    ReplyDelete