Sunday, February 21, 2010

Iron Painter: Done

Whew! What an event! I don't think I've sat that long for a session of painting before. It was a very productive day and kudos to Jeff for organizing it. Congrats to all participants who tough it out to complete their task.

We started off with 10 people and fairly got off at 10am.A few guys turned up late, like Shazli who arrived 30 minutes later and Khairul, who came in the afternoon after a round of golf. Dann and Ivan dropped by to hobby themselves. Redeye and a couple of his buddies turned up for some dice rolling too. Azlan brought his kids to watch the event, as did Maxcell.

I started the day quite doubtful as I have yet to completely assemble the command squad and another veteran squad. So, I spent the first 5 hours putting together the models and painting the tank. thanks to Iqbal's airbrush, the Leman Russ Demolisher turned out fine after all.

Thanks to Subhan's Nasi Lemak, I didn't have to trouble myself with lunch. So, I sat there trying to finish what I've started. First were Bravo Squad and I painted them green! With various shades of green. Then, I completed the others using black, semi-gloss black and highlights of grey. The last hour proved frantic for me as I had to finish basing them all. Thankfully, it was all done 3 minutes from time. I had painted myself 1010 points of minis!

Overall, the results were quite good. I especially liked Arzmi's washed orks and Stanley's CSMs. So, it ended with Jeff handing out mock certificates (he'll make proper ones later) to all who completed and Subhan and I got Iron Skulls while the rest made Iron Painter. Iqbal won the hobbyist choice and his first Legio Purity Seal. Congratulations!

Although I'm bushed after all that painting, I still need to complete my two vendettas for Kindred. And if there's another Iron Painter happening, maybe I'll plan better and prepare better.

4 comments:

  1. 2 Vendettas for Kindred.. Waah!!
    I like your scars. Nice work there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats dude! 1000 pts of IG in 12 hours is no mean feat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a bit easier when the tank is 270 points :) the paint scheme is actually for my storm troopers but as you know, i only started painting at 3 pm.

    ReplyDelete