Sunday, July 18, 2010

Another Weekend of Gaming! Wheeeee!

I had another good fortune to be able to pick up my dice this weekend. After a fortunate gaming last week, I manage to put in 4 games on Sunday (Yay!)

My first game was with Ian (who just got here from Japan) who fielded a themed Slanesh CSM list. By turn 4, his forces were wiped out in this 1+1 game. My next opponent was versus Lexiss's CSM. our KP game was a constant moving battle which see-saw until the end, when he beat me 4-3. Later, I met Edwin's monstrous tyrannid list, which has 3 Trygons!!! It was another KP game and I managed to shave a win by destroying his spore pods to lead by 6-4. I must say the Trygons can dish out a lot of hurt and that list will prove difficult to beat at times.

I was tired then but wanted to have another game. This time with Peter's familiar oblits list. This time, our showdown was a KP game and I was thoroughly TAed by Turn 7 lol. His opening barrage was painful to bear but I dogged played the game, knowing the probable outcome. I was glad I did as I saw a lone biker Nob reduce and utterly destroyed a 7 men Plague marine squad (the champion was armed with a power fist, too) over a course of 3 melee phase, what an Ork!

I doubt I'll have the opportunity to game again next week as I've got some work scheduled. Hopefully, i'll take up the dice again in 2 to 3 weeks time.

On another note, I've finally picked up the stuff I bought from Subhan. It's all Space Marine stuff that I've meant to use as part of my Space Wolf Project. I need to work on the models as their paint is too thick for repainting, so, they need to be stripped. That'll be tedious. When time permits, I'll post the background for my Imperial Guard project, the SCARS.

That's all for now, I heard that the Big Rule Book for fantasy will be in our local store by next week. I can't wait to have it in my hands...

3 comments:

  1. Look like it is about time your Orks met Ghazhkull. This one Bad Arse Ork can wipe out an entire Tyranid army....trust me he did.

    Hey try Alvin's store, he has got some paint stripping brushes, you can try that after soaking them in concentrated Dettol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro, get the rulebook!!!
    Its awesomely awesome!!!

    Hahahha. I got mine on launch day :). Why so late down there?? Am sure one of the LGS has them by now. For sure!!

    @doc- bila boleh jumpa bro?? Singgah la bkk otw back home. I'll take you to see some 'games' shop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GG that day Is. I was lucky at the end of the game when you failed both LDs on the nobz and kommandos, otherwise I would have lost it. Our game was a fun one seeing how we maneuver our units, hope to see you again in CM and we can play again.

    Wait, you starting SW ?? Dont tell me you are trying to replicate your nobz bikers list with twolf ?!!

    ReplyDelete