Sunday, August 9, 2009

Da Waargh! is Back!

Had my first WH40k in so many weeks last friday at Legio. I had the opportunity to play against Shazli's Ultramarines and Lex's CSM. Grimfang managed to pull 2 victories that night. In the fight versus the sons of Gulliman, the greenskin managed to overwhelm the SM with an astounding 10 kill points to 1(Snikrot's komandos). Shaz is restarting too so, I'll expect him to be better in the weeks to come.

In my second game, I fought Lex (this was our first meeting on the tabletop), he suffered very badly from his reserves roll, with his units coming in piece meal and his most important unit arriving in turn 5! It was a 1 + 1 mission and by game's end, all his troops were dead, including Angra (counts as Abbadon), with the exception of the land raider, which become the sole survivor. I lost my warboss and majority of my biker nobz and Snikrot's mob (again)

My third game was on saturday against Alvin's Alpha Legion. it was my first time fighting him using his CSM. Last time we met, he was using tyranids. It was a killpoint mission and I had an uphill task of getting to his units, which was surrounded by marines, oblits, terminators, havoks and twin chaos lords in mutually supporting positions. In the end, we drew. it was a narrow fight in the end but the oblits refused to die and we tied at 6 kill points apiece. my biker nobs were decimated and fled off the table. I attribute this dismal performance to lack of focus and lack of sleep on my part.

On the painting side, I've completed my lootas and Shaz commented they look bright and colorful, very Orky! I've repaired the broken boyz and grots and have only 3 more bikers to paint and basing for the biker nobz to finish for my army to be completely done. On the side, Shaz has proposed a themed apoc game somewhere in December and I get to play the role of neutral arbiter/organizer for this event. I've toyed around with several ideas and drafted a suggestion to shaz for him to look over. Once we've decided on what type of scenario we're playing, we'll go into detailed planning. watch out for more news on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment